Things have been a little busier than normal, so please forgive my tardiness on putting this up (finishing work, moving into school, starting SENIOR YEAR OF COLLEGE). My favorite summer fruits are blueberries and peaches, so voila, I combined them both into a recipe. This recipe was originally for blueberry coffee cake, but, in typical Ellen fashion, I added peaches because I can’t follow a recipe. The peaches add more moisture to the cake and make it a little denser but the flavor is great. Unfortunately while at school, my baking is more limited since all of the ingredients I could ever dream of are not at my fingertips anymore (they’re at the grocery store instead of the closet), so I hope to still be able to add more recipes more frequently this fall (fingers crossed). Enjoy the last few days of summer and this great recipe!
Blueberry Peach Coffee Cake
4 c flour
4 tsp baking powder
½ c coconut oil (or butter)
1 ½ c sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp salt
1 c milk
2 c blueberries
2 c diced peaches
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the coconut oil and sugar, add the eggs, milk, extract, and beat until smooth.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Fold in fruit.
- Grease a 9×13 or two pie plates. Pour batter into pan.
1 c sugar
½ c flour
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ c butter (or ½ c butter and forgo the coconut oil)
¼ coconut oil (or 1/2 c coconut oil and forgo the butter)
- Mix together and sprinkle on top of cake.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 45 mins or until tester come out clean.